The Land Use Meeting scheduled for Thursday, August 10th will now be held on Thursday, August 17, 2017
at 7pm at Town Hall.
Questions? Please call 908.852.9333.
Green Township Land Use Board
Effective 2016, The Township Committee has combined the Planning Board and Board of Adjustment into one Land Use Board.
- Adoption of a Master Plan every ten years;
- Subdivision control and site plan review for permitted uses;
- Recommendations as to the official map of the Township;
- Conditional use applications;
- Recommendations as to the zoning ordinance or amendments;
- Review of Capital Improvement Projects;
- Variances under certain circumstances in connection with site plans and subdivisions.
- Hear and decide Appeals of decisions of the administrative officer enforcing the zoning ordinance;
- Hear and decide for Interpretations of the zoning map or ordinance;
- Hear and decide Bulk or "C" Variances; A "c" variance is if it is separate from a site plan, subdivision or conditional use (i.e.. residential permit that doesn't require a subdivision or site plan)
- Hear and decide Use or "D" Variances: example of a "d" variance; Use of principle structure; Expansion of non-conforming use; deviation from a specification of standard of a conditional use; Increase in permitted floor area ration; Increase in permitted density; Height greater than 10 feet or 10% of the maximum height permitted.
- May direct the Issuance of a Permit for a building or structure in the bed of a mapped street or public drainage way, flood control basin or public area. A building structure not related to a street.
To download the Land Use Application please click here.
The Land Use Board holds Regular Meetings at 7:00 PM on the second Thursday of every month, unless otherwise noticed.
The Subdivision & Site Plan Review Committee or Technical Review Committee (TRC) meetings: 3rd Thursday as needed.
Scott Holzhauer- Chairman
Jeff Wilson - Vice Chairman
Daniel Conkling - Mayor/Mayor's designee
Jim Chirip - Committee person
Watson Perigo - Township Employee
Dennis Walker - Alt #1
Michael Muller - Alt #2
Jim DeYoung - Alt #3
Marie Bilik - Alt #4
Kim Mantz - Board Secretary
908.852.9333 ext 13
*If you would like to become a member of the board, please click here to fill out an application.
Land Use Application and Checklist
Submission deadlines for applications and revisions
Lock Box Ordinance
Escrow or Bond Funds Release Form
Master Plan Re-exam Report Sept. 2008
Land Use Plan Dec. 2005
Open Space Plan May 2009
Housing Element/Fair Share Plan Dec. 2005