****The Land Use Board Meeting scheduled for
Thursday, January 19 has been canceled****
Green Township Land Use Board
The Land Use Board is looking for new members! If interested please call Kim at 908-852-9333 ext. 13
Effective 2016, The Township Committee has combined the Planning Board and Board of Adjustment into one Land Use Board.
- Adoption of a Master Plan every ten years;
- Subdivision control and site plan review for permitted uses;
- Recommendations as to the official map of the Township;
- Conditional use applications;
- Recommendations as to the zoning ordinance or amendments;
- Review of Capital Improvement Projects;
- Variances under certain circumstances in connection with site plans and subdivisions.
- Hear and decide Appeals of decisions of the administrative officer enforcing the zoning ordinance;
- Hear and decide for Interpretations of the zoning map or ordinance;
- Hear and decide Bulk or "C" Variances; A "c" variance is if it is separate from a site plan, subdivision or conditional use (i.e.. residential permit that doesn't require a subdivision or site plan)
- Hear and decide Use or "D" Variances: example of a "d" variance; Use of principle structure; Expansion of non-conforming use; deviation from a specification of standard of a conditional use; Increase in permitted floor area ration; Increase in permitted density; Height greater than 10 feet or 10% of the maximum height permitted.
- May direct the Issuance of a Permit for a building or structure in the bed of a mapped street or public drainage way, flood control basin or public area. A building structure not related to a street.
To download the Land Use Application please click here.
The Land Use Board holds Regular Meetings at 7:00pm on the second Thursday of every month, unless otherwise noticed.
The Subdivision & Site Plan Review Committee or Technical Review Committee (TRC) meetings: 3rd Thursday only as needed.
Scott Holzhauer- Chairman
Joseph Cercone - Vice Chairman
Daniel Conkling - Mayor's Designee
Jim Chirip - Committee Person
Watson Perigo - Township Employee
John Lynch - Alternate #1
Jenny Kobilinski - Alternate #2
Vacant - Alternate #3
Vacant - Alternate #4
Kim Mantz - Board Secretary
*If you would like to become a member of the board, please click here to fill out an application.
Land Use Application and Checklist
Soil Erosion Application
Submission deadlines for applications and revisions
Lock Box Ordinance
Escrow or Bond Funds Release Form
Master Plan Re-exam Report December 13, 2018
Housing Element/Fair Share Plan - October 2016