**You may select e-check or credit card**
Convenience will apply
ONLINE TAX LOOK UP:
Please be advised that the filing deadline for 2019 Senior Freeze (Property Tax Reimbursement) applications has been extended to February 1, 2021.
Just Announced - The PTR Property Tax Relief program for senior citizens has again been extended. The new deadline to file is February 1, 2021. This is great news for anyone who has yet to apply. In March of 2020 a light blue booklet was mailed out for the FREEZE program, you still may possess this booklet. Click on the link below for more information.Department of the Treasury (nj.gov)
The Tax Collector is responsible for the billing, collection and reporting of taxes for all non-exempt Township properties.
- Property taxes are based on the assessor's valuation of real property and levied for the calendar year. The taxes for the Township, local school district, county purposes and both local and county open space are combined into one levy that is apportioned on the tax bill by rate and amount for taxpayer information only. Taxes levied for purposes of the local school district cover the current calendar year.
- Green Township's tax rate for 2020 is as follows:
- County Tax $0.594
- County Open Space $0.003
- District School Tax $2.263
- Municipal Open Space $0.015
- Local Municipal Tax $0.622
- County Library Tax $0.043
- Total Rate for 2020 $3.540 per $100 of assessed valuation
Historical Tax Rate Data
*Please be advised there is a $20.00 fee for all returned checks.
*Property Tax Relief Programs: https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/relief.shtml
*Tax Payer Bill of Rights: http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/pdf/lpt/LocalPropertyTax.pdf
Please contact our office for information concerning veteran deductions and senior/disabled deductions.
- Office hours are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 8:30 am to 2:30 pm. The mailing address is Green Township Tax Collector, P.O. Box 40, Tranquility, NJ 07879. I can be reached at 908-852-9333 x-14. or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Q:Can I pay my taxes online?
A: Yes as of 1/11/2021 - see tab on this page or home page.
Q:What deductions are available to Green Township residents?
A:Veteran/Widow of a veteran deduction-must be an honorably discharged veteran from a specified time frame and a New Jersey resident. For a veteran deduction, proof of discharge will be needed. For a widow of a veteran, included with the above, a copy of the marriage and death certificate will be needed to accompany the application.
Senior deduction is for residents 65 years of age or older as of October 1 of the pre tax year, living in the residence they wish to claim, and their income does not exceed $10,000 a year, excluding some or all of their social security or certain pensions. Applications for either deduction can be picked up at the Collector's office.
Taxes are due on the first of February, May, August and November of each year.
- There is a ten calendar day grace period for each, with all payments due in our office no later than the 10th of the month they are due.
- Green Township does not accept postmark for tax payments.